It’s chocolate and peanut butter. What more could you want?
Easy Buckeye Brownies Recipe
It’ѕ chocolate аnd реаnut buttеr. Whаt mоrе соuld you wаnt?
- 1 box brownie mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. milk
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8”-x-8” pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with only a few moist crumbs, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- Make peanut butter topping: In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- add powdered sugar, vanilla, 1 tablespoon milk, and salt. Mix until smooth and fluffy. The mixture should be thick but spreadable; if the mixture is too stiff, add another tablespoon milk.
- Spread the peanut butter topping over the cooled brownie. Refrigerate while you make the ganache.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl and set aside. Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. When bubbles begin to break the surface around the edges of the pan, turn off the heat.
- Pour the hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk constantly until the sauce is smooth. Pour over the peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate brownies until the ganache has set, about 15 minutes. Slice into squares and serve cold.